Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome

This is the first time that I have tried to grow food (apart from some herbs in pots) and I don't really know what I'm doing. It is also my first blog, again, don't really know what I'm doing.
Computers and I have never been friends. Come to think of it plants and I have never been friends either so one wonders how I even find myself sitting here writing what I hope will be a blog about gardening!
My hope is that by way of this blog I will get lots of advice from people that know more about gardening than I do. Not hard.
In October 2010 we moved into a newly built home, while the build was taking place we talked a lot about the vegie garden we would have, I even bought and read a book on the subject.
Now 15 months later and after lots of discussion ranging from subtle hints to full blown nagging (nothing happens too quickly round here) I finally have two plots out the back read for action. The pressure is on.

There shouldn't be pressure as I have heard gardening described as therapeutic, rewarding and even relaxing but when I try something new I always want to be good at it right away.
I constantly need to remind myself that "you learn from your mistakes" and that "its the journey not the destination that's important".

1 comment:

  1. Hey Georgia!
    Can't wait to read more of your pursuits!
    Will help if and when I can.
    Will you be posting pics??

    ReplyDelete